-- Andrew Morgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is rumored to have mumbled on 27. März 2006 09:48:37 -0800 regarding Re: Bitten by Berkeley:

just an anecdote:

Today we had to relocate our Cyrus 2.2.12 server to the other node in
the  failover domain for maintenance purposes. It was shut down cleanly
and then  restarted on the other node. The startup began with lots of
messages like  this one:

<snip>

Were you using Berkeley DB 4.3 or newer?  Cyrus v2.2.12 and older will
not work with Berkeley DB 4.3+ without a patch.

I know. We were using Red Hat's stock db4 RPM: db4-4.1.25-8.1. As I mentioned it's been working OK for more than a year, but having read all the other reports of people experiencing problems like the one I described I guess it's just a matter of time until something breaks ...
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK