For the past two months we have been seeing intermittent problems in which LMTP suddenly begins to refuse connections. What appears to happen is that a condition occurs and lmtp becomes unresponsive. Subsequent lmtp processes are spawned until the maxchild limit is reached. At that point all the child processes are unresponsive and email is not delivered. Recycling master resolves the issue.

*** lmtp configuration ***

lmtpunix cmd="lmtpd" listen="/usr/local/cyrus/socket/lmtp" prefork=1 maxchild=100

We have been running Cyrus 2.1.15 for the past three years using LMTP with no problems. However, as noted above we began seeing this issue in the past two months. No changes have been made to the systems.

Has anyone seen a problem similar to this?

Thanks
Crockett Howard

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office Phone:   (214) 567-1137