So how can I help to find this bug. I had i look at bugzilla, but found nothing related.

I think this bug is actually in the regex library, not in cyrus. I do wish cyrus would use PCRE if it was available though, PCRE seems much more robust than the GNU posix regcomp/regexec stuff. Hmmm, I just noticed "man pcreposix", I might look into getting cyrus to use that!

Anyway, the way I found to track down the problematic regex was to gdb the imapd process, and go up the stack a few times to see the pattern that was passed to regcomp/regexec.

Rob