On 01/16/2015 04:57 PM, Patrick Goetz wrote:
I have a couple of existing cyrus 2.3.16 installs with this partitioning
configuration in imapd.conf:

    defaultpartition: default
    partition-default: /home/cyrus/mail

I create users using cyradm:  cm user.myuser

and the user mail spool folder has this heirarchy:

    mail

        |---- user
                |---- auser1
                |---- auser2
                |---- auser3
        |---- user
                |---- buser1
                |---- buser2
        stage.

I just assumed that this structure was built in to cyrus; however on my
new 2.4.17 install the partition settings in imapd.conf are similar:

    defaultpartition: default
    partition-default: /srv/cyrus
    unixhierarchysep: yes   <--- (now using this)

however all newly created users (cyradm:  cm user/myuser) are dumped
into a single folder:

    cyrus

        user
          |---- myuser
          |---- otheruser
          |---- thirduser

I simply can't find any difference in the configuration files that
result in this discrepancy.  Was the [a-z] partitioning in the 2.3.16
install baked in to the Debian cyrus package I used, say in cyradm?

Sounds like you have hashimapspool enabled in the 2.3.16 installs.

hashimapspool: 0
If enabled, the partitions will also be hashed, in addition to the hashing done on configuration directories. This is recommended if one partition has a very bushy mailbox tree.

To Unsubscribe:

To Unsubscribe: