Desmond Rivet <desmond_n...@videotron.ca> writes:

> For some of these feeds, certain articles will, over time, show up
> repeatedly in my summary list.  I'm not sure why, but I assume it has
> something to do with updates to the article itself.  Or maybe it happens
> when someone posts a new comment on the article.  I don't know.

I'm not sure it is any of these, but it could be.  It happens to me on
_many_ feeds.

> Is there any way to score a repeated (updated) article down, so that
> they wouldn't show up in my group unless I asked?  I have no idea where
> to even start with this; a simple push in the right direction would be
> appreciated.

What I did was to change my reading habit in these groups a bit.
Instead of just letting the article be marked as read I kill the
article.  In my SCORE file I have it set to drop the score whenever I
kill the article and have mark-and-expunge set to -1.

There might be a better or cleaner way to do this but it works.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rd...@comcast.net