Hi!

I'd like to setup gnus-notify to be notified when there is new mail
which is retrieved via getmail (from cron job) and delivered to dovecot
running on localhost to be accessed by Gnus via IMAP.

I have tried with both gnus-notify.el and gnus-notify+.el

(http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/gnus-notify.el
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/gnus-notify%2b.el)

but all I get is '*invalid*' in the modeline :-(

The complete setup for gnus-notify+ is:

(require 'gnus-notify+)

(add-hook 'gnus-summary-exit-hook 'gnus-notify+)
(add-hook 'gnus-group-catchup-group-hook 'gnus-notify+)
(add-hook 'mail-notify-pre-hook 'gnus-notify+)

according to the script itself, but it looks that something is
missing. :-/

Anyone has any clue and/or use gnus-notify(+).el?

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D