Apple will be presenting at this Joint Tech Coordinators meeting on Thursday
Feb 20th From 9am-3:30pm.  All technical personal from AEA's 3,4,5,& 12 are
welcome to attend.  Lunch will be on your own, there are several options
within walking distance of the meeting site.  Because of the distance of the
meeting please respond to this message if you are willing to drive or ride
carpool.  Because of the amount information we are presenting Apple will
begin at 9am.

Mike Meeker will have updated information from MacWorld and will bring any
new equipment that he has available.  A majority of the day we will be
focusing on Mac OS X Migration and Interoperability.  Here is a description
of the presentation

A full day workshop discussing the issues that need to be addressed when
moving to Mac OS X. Throughout the day, we will discuss installation,
equipment requirements, file structure, key features, setting up
connectivity to printers and network resources, software, information
resources to stay informed, support and training opportunities. If you have
a cross platform environment, our discussion on interoperability will be for
you. Be it Mac OS X at the desktop and a Windows or Novell server or Windows
client and a Mac OS X Server, we can show you how easy it is to make it
work!

If time allows Apple should be able to address any technical questions.
Some sample questions:

How to install a printer PPD that's not on an installer
How to create a VPN between OSX and a SonicWall
Basic "NetInfo" tutorial and how it hooks to AD and eDirectory
How to image from an iPod.
iMovie 3 - the Ken Burns effect, the link to iTunes
iTunes - import demo, build QT movie (w/tunes) & Web Page
iDVD - Burn one live.
iPhoto - imporing scanned images to use with iMovie3 (ala KenBurns effect)

Driving Directions

The address is:
 23 East 7 Suite A
Spencer IA 51301
--
You turn East on 7 Street from HWY 18 (2nd Ave) and go 1/2 block.  It is the
large building on the north side of the street.

Hope to see you there!
Scott Fosseen - Systems Engineer - Arrowhead AEA
www.aea5.k12.ia.us/aeaphone.nsf/web/fosseenscott -
The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn
better than a 'C,' the idea must be feasible."
A Yale University management professor in response to Fred Smith's
paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service.  - (Smith went
on to found Federal Express Corp.)