Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:41:34 -0600
Subject: iBooks
To: Larry Niebur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: "Joe Doerges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Apple Computer Inc. on Wednesday announced a new program that will help
owners of the company's iBook laptop computer. The iBook Logic Board
Repair Extension Program is a worldwide program covering repair or
replacement of the logic board in specific iBook models manufactured
between May 2002 and April 2003.

"We have determined that a small number of iBooks introduced in 2002 have
a display problem caused by a component failure on the logic board," said
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product
Marketing, in a statement given to MacCentral. "We are launching a repair
extension program which will repair these components for free, and we will
offer a full refund to customers who have already paid for this repair.
Our first priority is to take care of our customers."

The component failure covered by the new program includes the following
symptoms: Scrambled or distorted video; Appearance of unexpected lines on
the screen; Intermittent video image; Video freeze; or the Computer starts
up to blank screen.

The program is available for iBooks with serial numbers in the following
range(s): UV220XXXXXX to UV318XXXXXX, which includes the iBook (16 VRAM);
iBook (14.1 LCD 16 VRAM); iBook (Opaque 16 VRAM); iBook (32 VRAM); and the
iBook (14.1 LCD 32 VRAM).

Joe