Jeremy,

I agree, it will probably not have a big effect.  Just an FYI for
people that might be using those services.  We also disabled the
messenger service after the super had a not-so-nice message pop up on
his screen.......

Off topic, but have you rolled out SASI 6 in FD yet?  We are on 5, so I
need to get it done pretty soon and was wondering if you had made the
leap yet, and how the upgrade went.  I also get to do DI and IGPro 9 at
the same time.  Should be a good time.

Jim

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 3/18/2004 8:57:23 AM >>>
Jim-

    I installed Service Pack 2 Beta for Windows XP, and in my "testing"
of
it, only noticed issues with the firewall piece the article describes.
was trying to run the new HP Systems Insight Manager which loads an
Apache
web server to spew out the data.  I fought with that software a little,
but
did end up making it work.  For an average school user, don't know if
it
would have caused much problems.  But, not planning to roll it out
anytime
soon without a lot more testing.

    Also, we have disabled the Messenger service district-wide here in
Fort
Dodge.  We had some kids logging in and sending domain-wide message,
which
made a couple of teachers upset.  So, in our Group Policy, we disabled
those
services and that took care of the issue.

    I do have a copy should anyone want to download it and try it out.
Let
me know if that is something people would be interested in.

Jeremy