From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jackie Fonley
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 12:07 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [info-tech] students and email

Lunch has made me a little late on the subject, so here's my two cents
worth.  We do not give out student e-mail accounts, nor do we allow
hotmail or any of that to come through the server (or at least as far
as I know:-)  HA!

Here's the next situation, however.

I have an English teacher who would like students to have e-mail
(versus the drop box on the server) to send papers back and forth to
each other for peer editing, and for her to correct.  I have "put it on
the back burner", but am curious if anyone does allow mail for this
purpose.  I know I have heard of internet based programs that allow
sending/receiving to certain domains, however, if students start
getting e-mail for classes, and all mail can be sent to
"algona.k12.ia.us", is it any different than allowing hotmail, etc. . .
.?  Comments on this are appreciated!  Thanks!
-Jackie Fonely

On Thursday, October 7, 2004, at 11:07  AM, Pendry, Charlton wrote:

> Would like to know from you this fall - Do you:
>
> 1.                  Issue email accounts to students?
>
> 2.                  Give students access to their personal hotmail
> accounts from school?
>

> I'll send out these results.
>

> Thanks,
>

> C.
>

> Charlton Pendry
>
> Director of Technology and Library Media Services
>
> Fort Dodge Community Schools
>
> 104 S. 17th St.
>
> Fort Dodge,IA 50501
>
> Voice: (515) 574-5668
>
> FAX: (515) 574-5324
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by the algona.k12.ia.us server.]