What good is power if you can't abuse it!!!  Actually that was in place
before I became mayor.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Scarbrough
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 4:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [info-tech] Fiber Question

George wrote:
>       If we have a copper wire through the interdict (cable pipe), our
city electrical utility can tone it and will locate for free.

Ah, the perks of being Mayor.  Our city offers no such deal, as this
would be a new set of runs.  Or is it because I'm not the mayor?

The city estimated about 2400 locates a year, with the preponderance in
the summer - which makes sense - summer being home improvement time.

Julie, will you be able to capitalize on an overbuild, or will you lay
your own?

Steve Scarbrough
Technology Coordinator
Storm Lake Community School District