Greetings all,

About 3-4 weeks ago, I started to have issues with some of my client
machines when they were browsing.  It seemed that they had to click link
twice or put a URL in twice to get where they were going.  This happened
after Scott did a flush of the cache flow, so I assumed it was just an issue
with Firefox ( our browser of choice) and timeing out.  Ie it would look at
the cache flow first and before it could look elsewhere it would time out.
So I did some research and found no such problem.

But I did find the root of the issue.  There is an issue with BIND servers
running on BSD.  Now you may be saying to yourselves, what is he talking
about, or that your DNS is not on BIND or BSD.  But there are some out there
folks.  BIND on BSD has started replying with Ipv6 records or AAAA records
instead of A records causing the timeout.

There are a number of suggestions to the fix, but the only one that seems to
be agreed upon is running the latest BIND (9.3) with the -4 flag (Ipv4
only).

I am going to attempt to compile and load 9.3 on my OS X Server today and
see if this fixes the issue.  I will let you know.

Long story short, Ipv6 is already causing problems.
--
"In all large corporations, there is a pervasive fear that someone,
somewhere is having fun with a computer on company time. Networks help