We bought one of the Bretford carts from the co-op several years ago to
house the 16 Mac iBooks we bought.  It's been wonderful.
Last year we got a Star Schools grant and bought 20 laptops.  THey were
Gateways and were bigger than the iBooks.  We saw that Bretford made a
larger cart that would hold up to 24 computers so we purchased it.  Big
Mistake!!  The computers have to be laid flat rather than standing up.
The plugins are in the front on the sides of 2 panels. (Not in the back
the way they are on the smaller cart.)  These are close enough together
that the students can barely get the computers put in.  When some
are in the cart and plugged in it is a struggle to put away any others.
And the 2 sides of the cart have to be plugged into 2 separate electrical
circuits.  (I wish we had seen that timer sooner.)  Our janitor is trying
to redo the cart to make it more useable, but it's a big problem.
So I would not suggest buying that cart.

--
Donna Bonnstetter Tech Coordinator      West Bend-Mallard Community School
Box 247           West Bend, IA 50597   [EMAIL PROTECTED]