-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of JON W HUESER
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 8:27 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: [info-tech] ICN and Iowa Central

This might not be the correct group to discuss this proposal with but I
figure you can get it to the right people in your district.

We have begun discussions about having Iowa Central offer the core
college curriculum over the ICN for smaller schools in Iowa.  We are
trying to get them to offer those classes from 8-4.  If it works, we
then will direct our seniors into the Iowa Central schedule and have
them take classes over the ICN.  Our goal is to offer as many dual
credit core college classes as possible and use the ICN.

Hopefully we will be able to get this going next year.  We would like to
have 4 or 5 other schools that want to try this with us.  Since we are
not a large district we don't have that many staff with masters so they
can't teach the core college classes.  This is a way to allow our
students to take college classes and not leave our district.

Please contact me if you are interested, if I get a lot of interest we
will discuss it with ICCC.

Thanks,
Jon W. Hueser
Comp/Tech. Coord.
East Greene Comm. Schools
405 12th Str. South
Box 377
Grand Junction, IA  50107
Phone:  515-738-2411 ext. 241
Fax:  515-738-5719
Website:  www.east-greene.k12.ia.us

Sent via the WebMail system at eg-main.east-greene.k12.ia.us

If you have received this email in error please notify the system
manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make
copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content
**