info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 at 2:56 PM -0600 wrote:
>Why can't aea8 ever get apple
 [ or microsoft/gateway/proxim/deepfreeze/netscreen/chancery/revtrack]
> to come
>to an AEA8  tech meeting

Keeping in mind that Scott schedules what we ask for, I suspect that we need
only ask.  As I made the list above I realized that we're quite blessed to hear
from many vendors.

All power to George for offering to host a Windows meeting, but I'd hate to see
us splinter. We have too much in common and so much to learn from each other.
As you can see from the traffic, there's surely varied interests.

I wonder whether we couldn't schedule a Users' Group Day meeting at one of our
regularly scheduled meetings.

Perhaps each hour we have a different topic: printing/accounting, Network OS,
IPv6, routing, VLANs, ServerOS, etc.
At any gien time we could have a room with a specific topic, etc.

Wait - we have that.  It's called ITEC.

But seriously, I'd propose we take a few minutes at this next meeting to talk
about whether and if so, how to proceed with users' groups different from the
tech meetings, or _at_ the tech meetings.

Perhaps a survey is in order.  What _do_ people want?  (I'd let you know my
humble opinion, but I've been too verbose already.)

Steve Scarbrough
Technology Coordinator
Storm Lake Community School District
712.732.8100   fax:8101