One person’s opinion:  I think the group makes a mistake moving entirely toward the “technology” part of instructional technology issues—and rarely concentrating on the instructional side.  And, considering that we all have a required 8th grade technology proficiency assessment coming up, it seems to me that getting back to some focus on instruction and student achievement would be wise.

I think it would also enhance the reputation of the group and the field of technology support to schools to be constantly keeping a focus on student achievement.  (There is little that infuriates my sup more than having support personnel say that their job has nothing to do with student achievement.  We can fall in that trap if we’re not careful.)

Thanks for the soapbox minutes.

Charlton