Hi,
We purchased several Gateway tablets 275 and laptops 405M last summer.
They are all set for wireless connections.  We also purchased several
Linksys access points and a couple Linksys wireless a+g broadband routers.
Most things are working well.  But we have a few laptops that only can see
the wireless connections part of the time.  Two of them always work
wirelessly in the West Bend building, but rarely can get online in the
Mallard building even with an access point a few feet away.  A couple
others in West Bend have been working well consistantly until yesterday
when they would connect when first turned on and then disconnect 15
minutes later even though nothing was changed or moved (neither the
computer nor the router).  Then after another 10 minutes or so they would
randomly connect again.  They continued this way most of the day if they
were set across the room from the router but would work fine if moved to
within 6 feet of the router.  The problem seems to be continuing
today.  Others in the building were connected to the
same router 2 and 3 rooms away.  I've talked to a very helpful Gateway
person who is trying to help me with this, but I'm confused trying to
isolate the problem--access point or router, computer, wireless card,
server, etc?

We also have a tablet and one new desktop that have started shutting down
at random times many times a day.  We wonder if this has something to do
with service pack 2.  Especially with the tablet and laptops do I need to
do something extra when I install service pack 2?

--
Donna Bonnstetter Tech Coordinator      West Bend-Mallard Community School
Box 247           West Bend, IA 50597   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we
are healed."  Isaiah 53:5