From: Brian Ney [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 7:36 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: RE: [info-tech] text messaging

I know you can text message to a cell phone by using the web site of your cell phone service.  I can send a message from uscellular.com if I enter my cell phone number and the number of the phone I want to send to.  If you can find out the web site(s) they are sending from, you can probably add the site(s) to your firewall.

I assume you are not talking about Instant Messaging like MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, or AOL Instant Messenger.  I have those sites blocked with my firewall already.  There are probably others, but I have not found any that install on the local machines.

Brian Ney

N. Kossuth