It has came to my attention that Wordware has sent out an email to schools in Okolona and Iowa stating that by Jan 1, 2006 all districts are mandated to implement SIF compliant software. Iowa currently has no mandate on SIF or even a state pilot project.

SIF (Schools Interoperability Framework)
http://www.sifinfo.org/

SIF allows districts to update information in on program such as their Student Information System and push the data out to all other SIF compliant software packages such as, Lunch, Library and Transportation systems. I do expect that in the future that SIF will replace Project EASIER for reporting.

Currently 1 district in our AEA is in the process of implementing SIF. Prairie Lakes currently has one of the primary components of the project. Any district interested in learning more about SIF can contact me.

Thanks
Scott Fosseen - Systems Engineer -Prairie Lakes AEA
http://www.aea8.k12.ia.us/en/technology/
   "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
                       - Bill Gates, 1981