Jerry wrote:

>If they want free of cheap PC's, why not just use up
>
>all those old 100 mHz PC's and use thin-clients

Excellent point.  However I wonder how many staff will want multimedia, i.e.,
United Streaming snippets, to project to their classes. If too many do that on
LTS, it will begin to tax the server.

Yet long-term, particularly for labs doing simple word processing or web
research, terminals can't be beat.

Novell's Linux Desktop comes with the Citrix client built in.  So if Open
Office isn't enough, they can still get to the Presentation server for the real
Office 2003.

Food for thought, this terminal server stuff. If one can avoid paying a
Microsoft Terminal Server CAL for every user by going Linux TS, there's huge
long-term savings.
-SS