Links to our catalog http://av.co-op.k12.ia.us or www.iec-ia.org

The Fall 2005 AV/Computer Co-op catalog is now on-line. We are now offering our catalog to IEC Customers in Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. If you have friends or relatives working in education, public libraries, or local -city - or state government in those states please pass this on to them.

We are working to get the pictures put into each item description and are also working to get the PDF version of the individual "Product Headings" created and listed. If you are using the PDF catalog be sure to check the "Catalog Updates" for any changes that may have been made to the catalog since you printed it out. The on-line catalog is kept up-to-date so that information is correct at the time you access it .

FYI
1. If you are ordering a Hewlett Packard product -- because we now offer our catalog to four states we may have listed the same HP item twice, once showing the pricing for all states and one showing the IEC/HP web site link which will usually be better pricing than that for "All States". If ordering an HP product priced for all customers, please send that PO to me. If you order off the IEC/HP web site we automatically get credit for that sale. If you are using the "State of Iowa" website to order please insert our Dealer ID #2406070001. If you are using a local HP dealer, they will get credit for the sale and will have their own dealer number that they will use. Just be sure to compare their pricing with our IEC/HP web site to insure that you are getting the best price. If you use the HP/IEC web site to order online, NO purchase order is sent to me ... the order goes directly to HP. If you are a first-time HP customer you will need to order on-line and also send them a PO. After that first order you will not need to send them a PO as they will have all of your school information. Call me if you have question

2. Apple Computer has given us pricing for some products that are now listed in the AV/Computer Co-op catalog. If ordering an Apple product you will need to call to get an "Exception Number" from Apple to place on your purchase order. The order won't go through without this Exception Number and will delay the order. See the catalog description for details.

3. The Deadline for ordering from the 2005 Fall catalog is December 14th. We will be seeking an extension of all pricing that would be valid from January 1 through February, but we can't guarantee what products or prices will be available then. Products and prices listed for the extension period may be different from the Fall catalog so please check the updated on-line and PDF catalog listings.

4. With the exception of the HP on-line orders, ALL Purchase Orders are sent or faxed to me. We have a new fax number that sends everything to my office..319-752-7525.

5. My secretary Mary and I have new phone extension numbers. Mine is 1157 and Mary's is 1287, or if you call in and don't remember our extension numbers just wait a few seconds and you will be sent to the receptionist.

6. We prefer that you use the on-line ordering system. If you are not using the on-line system please indicate the catalog number, the make, model and price for each item you are ordering.

7. Please make all PO's out to the vendor and then send or fax PO's to me. We forward orders on to vendors ASAP. Customers should call vendors for any questions about the status of these orders.

8. We have kept the provision for free shipping for Fall. If your Vendor Purchase order is $25.00 or greater you will receive free shipping. If the PO is less than $25.00 the vendor may add an additional shipping and handling fee. Schools should expect additional shipping fees of at least $8.00 -$15.00 for the lightest shipments and more for heavier items. Customers may be able to add to their PO to get free shipping and get more for their money than if they order less and pay the shipping fee.

9. As always, please call if you have a questions or need assistance.

1o. Because of my busy summer schedule, I have not sent out the "AV/Computer Co-op Survey" like I said I was going to. I plan to send the survey to you as soon as we get all the information into this Fall AV/Computer Co-op catalog. Please take a few minutes to respond to this on-line survey. We will have a prize drawing from all who respond to the survey. Winners will be announced after the survey deadline.

Thanks and keep up the great work that you all do!

Bud Carruthers, IEC Coordinator x1157
Mary Allaman, IEC Secretary x1287
3601 West Avenue Road, Box 1065
Burlington, Ia 52601
319-753-6561
319-753-7525 Fax to my office
Kathy Petersen  -  Media Secretary/Receptionist
Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency 8
Iowa Central Community College
330 Avenue M
Voc-Tech Bldg - Lower Level
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
515-574-5548    800-669-2325 Ext 5548
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Life is a journey, not a destination!!!   Live well, laugh often, and love much!!!!