----- Original Message -----
From: "Bud Carruthers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "AVCoop Customer list list" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 12:01 PM
Subject: [iec-coop] 3M Overhead Projector Problems

I have been informed that 3M is having some quality control issues with
their model 1830 units. The units have fresnel lenses that fall out
before you even get them out of the box. It is an upgrade to the
"Larson Switch" (That is inside humor)

If your customers experience this problem please have them call 3M and
give them the following information.

1. Call 3M  800-328-1371 and then select option #1 for servicing
overhead projectors
2. Be prepared to give them the serial number for each unit with that
problem.
3. Each overhead unit also has a Manufacturers Code that 3M will want
to know.
4. There are two solutions to choose from:
A. 3M will send the customer a new top for their overhead. (The
customer will have to take the old one off and install the new part.)
B. 3M will authorize the customer to return the unit/s and FedEx will
pick them up. (Customers will need to return the overheads in  the box
that they originally came in.)
C. If choosing to return the units, 3M will then ship you new units as
replacements. (Hopefully without the the defects)

Customers purchased these units from Brown & Saenger. You do not need
to contact them, just follow the instructions above.

If you have questions please contact me.

I am sending this message to my customer listserve, however, all
customers who purchased the 3M 1830 unit may not be on this list.
Please send this message to your customer lists so that we cover all
who may have purchased this product.

Thanks.

Bud Carruthers, IEC Coordinator  x1157
3601 West Avenue Road, Box 1065
Burlington, Ia 52601
319-753-6561
319-752-7525 Fax to my office

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by the mail.co-op.k12.ia.us server.]