I would take a look at the amer.com site.  A 48 port 10/100 managed switch
with 2 miniGBIC ports runs $680.  Lifetime Support and Warrantee.  So far I
have heard nothing bad about the units.
----- Original Message -----
From: "JON W HUESER" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 1:08 PM
Subject: [info-tech] Switch issue

| ------=neXtPaRt_1130986532
|
| I have a compaq SW5425 that seems to be losing its connection so my
netsupport doesn't work and it is dropping internet.  The problem is this is
my main backbone switch.  I presently run GB fiber using SC connectors to my
server room.  I need to look for another switch that has the SC or ST
connector for GB.

| What are people using and having good luck with.  Most new switches have
the LC connector then I have to get a cable to convert, etc.