From:           "Tom Chaplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:        RE: Training Tidbits - Transfer Manager
To:             Steven Scarbrough

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the New Year's greeting...  It seems years slip by quicker
and quicker all the time!

We are continuing our "re-write" of the SAS system to .NET and Sql 2005.
Our "release date" is not set yet, but we're hoping for late this year
or early in 2007 to start the beta testing.  It's been "slow going"
trying to get all of our standards set and making sure we're taking
advantage of the SQL 2005 features, but my hope is that our development
team will continue to "speed up" with each new application they do.
They've completed most of the database design and also the first round
of programming for our Fixed Assets module. They are now working on
General Ledger and the Report Writer.

We are now working on some additional Web-based software for our current
version of SAS, including a new Web-Based Purchase Order Module that
might be of interest to you.  Watch for more information about that in
the next few months.

Feel free to share this with the other tech coordinators, Steve...
And we'll try to do a better job of keeping all of you updated with our
progress and what you'll be needing to do when we do roll out the Sql
version...  There will be a decision to make for each school if they
want to use the "free" version of SQL that we can distribute or have
your own licensed version...  We'll do some performance testing as we
get closer to try to help with this decision.

Steve, I hope that helps a little... And I hope your New Year is getting
off to a great start!

-Tom