Hi Jon, we have our own series of proficiency assessments and each has
its own mastery level--but usually, if we can convert it to percentages,
we use 80% for proficiency.  We also have a WebQuest activity scored on
a 5-pt rubric and we set 4 - 5 as proficiency.

We use the survey data just for planning--not for reporting.  If I was
going to report the survey as proficiency, I'd set proficiency levels
for each set of questions, not each question individually.  Does that
make sense?

I have trouble with using a self-reporting tool as a proficiency
assessment, but I think it's acceptable to the state.

C.

Charlton Pendry
Director of Technology and Library Media Services
Fort Dodge Community Schools
104 S. 17th St.
Fort Dodge, IA  50501
Voice: (515) 574-5668