I just purchased a mobile lab for our middle school this year.  My only disappointment so far has been during the MISIC MAP test.  NWEA does not recommend that their test be given on a wireless lab.  (I learned that after I started the whole process!) The problems occured when a student spent several minutes reading a passage or solving a math problem- the system would time-out.  The testing program is so sensitive that I would have to start the program all over, enter the password, pick the test and studet again.  HOWEVER- Other districts have little to no problem giving this test.

I purchased an hp cart, 25 laptaps, an hp color printer, and two Linksys access points.

Amy

Paul Heyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
With our favorable bond issue we will be doing some upgrading in our
building(K - 8). We are looking at laptops on a cart to be shared on
each floor of the elementary building. Any
suggestions...issues....experiences? With the 12 wireless laptops we are
currently using my assumption is buy as much warranty as possible? Any
policies on students that abuse the laptops? Any hints for teachers to
attempt to control this abuse?

Along with the laptops we will be going wireless. What is everyone
using? Pros/Cons of using Linksys products as opposed to the more
expensive hardware?

Thanks for the help
Paul Heyer
Technology Coordinator
Titonka Woden Crystal Lake Middle School/Elementary