I have a few iBooks running around with Mobile accounts, so when they log-in their home directories are synced to the ibook, and they can then log-in with out being here at school and access files. When they return the local files are then synced with their network share point. Is this possible using a Windows laptop? I want students to be able to log-into the Windows laptops using their OD username and passwords, and have access to their files at home.

So far the only solution I can think of is set up a local user with the same username and password, and mount their network share automatically when here at school, but if they want to access the files at home they would need to copy them to the local machine. This is not an ideal solution, but one that works, sort-of.

Any ideas?

Karl Hehr
District Technology Coordinator
South Hamilton CSD