Just and FYI,

We are still having our last Info-Tech Meeting this Thursday May 17th at our
Pocahontas office.

A lot of good suggestions have came up and I have a couple of items, but I
need additional agenda Items.  If you have some project you have been
working with that you want to share please let me know and I will put you on
the agenda.

I have so far

Time to be determined:

Scott Fosseen, Dan Davis? Lance Lennon? The necessity of a Trouble Ticket
system.  I want to talk about the benefits of implementing a Trouble Ticket
solution for your district.  It does not matter the size of the district,
all districts should have some type of solutions.  I will talk about Trouble
Ticket Express, an Open Source program that Lance Lennon has been using at
Eagle Grove.  Dan Davis has used another open source solution that he will
share details as well.

2-3pm  Jason Kehoe - SquidNT - With open source software Jason has installed
a few sites with SquidNT web proxy server.  Jason will talk about how to
install, setup for use with Active Directory, a free solution for content
filtering and free reporting tools.

That leaves 2 additional 1 hr time slots for presentations. I have not
talked with Dorothy or Karen to see if they can make their RSS presentation
yet, but that is a possibility.

I can also have a demo of the Open Source CMS web solution we are
implementing for districts.  If anyone has experiences with other options
and want to share that would be great as well.

If we still have time I will set aside an hour for us to have an open
discussion on summer plans. (as related to your district network)

If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy this e-mail. Your are asked to notify the sender immediately by e-mail
if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your
system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Prairie
Lakes Area Education Agency. Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency accepts no
liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. -
Scott Fosseen - Systems Engineer - Prairie Lakes AEA -
http://www.aea8.k12.ia.us/tech
"But what ... is it good for?"
- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of
IBM,1968,commenting on the microchip.