This is Gary Davidson and I work with the River Valley School District as their district tech and I have been working with the Internet since it became popular. I haven't seen a policy either but I think your instincts are good. I know I am totally against programs such as Myspace as well as any messaging programs or e-mail for the students. Not just because they are time wasters and generally non-productive but also from fear that someone somewhere will have a physical meeting with a student that was set up by the student while using a school computer.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 3:03 PM
Subject: [info-tech] Student Photos

Does anyone have a well defined policy in place for the placement of photos with students in them on the internet. We currently have no written policy and basically just avoid photos altogether. I've had a number of questions regarding this issue from teachers and need to get something out there for them. Any input would be appreciated.

Eric Johnson
Technology Director
Spencer Community Schools
23 East 7th Street