November Classroom Connect

Good morning!

The November issue of Classroom Connect has been uploaded to the Media Catalog.
Content in this issue includes:

  a.. Editorial Letter & Cartoon;
  b.. Lesson Plan Goldmines: Lessons and activities for enhancing classroom
instruction;
  c.. Teaching Cyber Awareness: Security, Ethics, and Safety: Erin Head offers
important information about ethics and the Internet;
  d.. Interactive Whiteboards: Sharon Wheeler provides classroom-tested ideas;
  e.. Destinations: Grasslands: Jim Cornish shares resources and activities
about grasslands;
  f.. Connected Calendar: Quick daily Internet warm-up activities for the month
of November;
  g.. Math Around the World: Joe Todaro shows us how a multicultural
perspective can add depth to your math curriculum;
  h.. A+ Web Gallery: Two pages of sites that get Classroom Connect's highest
recommendation;
  i.. Wired Success Story: Calculus.org: Joel Hass discusses Calculus.org;
  j.. Kids' Corner: Quality sites for students in grades K-8;
  k.. Instructional Video Projects: Donald Hawkins explains how to create your
own classroom videos;
  l.. PowerPoint Lesson: Haiku: This month's Software Application features
guidelines for multimedia presentations;
  m.. Technology Tip: Answers.com: Learn about this free information site;
  n.. Global Projects: Here are four globe-spanning projects for students to
explore;
  o.. Internet Activities: Food Chains and Simple Machines: Two pages of
hands-on activities for use in your classroom;
  p.. Site Index

If you have questions about accessing/downloading the current issue from our
Media Catalog, please don't hesitate to ask.

Help us by sharing this information with the staff in your districts/buildings
as well. We think Classroom Connect is a great resource and we want to make
everyone aware that it is available. Thanks for your assistance!

Harriet

<<image.gif>>