Symphonix would like to find a school willing to evaluate their product and
review it against Lightspeed or other solutions.  If you are interested please
let me know.
----- Original Message -----
From: James Cook
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:06 PM
Subject: Your Current Content Filter Doesn't Work- Let Cymphonix help!

Because of the changing state of the Internet, URL blocking and categorization
is no longer effective in controlling content.

Cymphonix has seen that on average, 50% of your Internet connection is used for
browsing. Some of the browsing activity is critical, like research, homework
and learning sites and some of it is non-critical, like social networking,
gaming and adult content.  The other 50% of your Internet connection is used
for Internet applications - both critical, like voice over I.P. and database
backups; and non-critical, like peer-to-peer, streaming media and music
downloads.  Network Composer by Cymphonix is the only solution that addresses
both browsing and application activity. This is why we're now recommending
Network Composer to all of our clients.

How Should You Control Content?

Traditional filters either use URL libraries or dynamic content analysis to
determine inappropriate sites.  URL libraries only include a small percentage
of the Internet and dynamic content analysis engines introduce to much latency.
 Network Composer uses an optimized balance of URL categorization, keyword
scanning and dynamic content analysis to give you full filtering without
introducing noticeable latency. Because Network Composer scans deep into the
packet payload, it also makes it easy to:

·         Filter SSL encrypted browsing traffic

·         Stop anonymous proxies and other content filtering bypass approaches

·         Log instant messaging traffic

·         Prioritize bandwidth by URL or URL category (imagine being able to
limit bandwidth for MySpace and YouTube!)

What about Applications?

Your top bandwidth users aren't using a web browser at all.  They're
downloading files and streaming media.  Network Composer controls applications
at layer 7.so even evasive applications can't sneak by.

·         Prioritizes critical applications

·         Limits the impact non-critical applications can have on your overall
bandwidth

·         Stops spyware before it enters your network

Network Composer also gives you a complete reporting suite to show you top
bandwidth users, top Internet users, sites visited, real-time application
activity and more!

    "Since we installed Network Composer we've seen speeds that we've never
seen before."

    -- Hillside Board of Education

    "[Network Composer] has eliminated our spyware and pop-up problems!  Very
little set-up needed."

    -- Systems Analyst, Marlboro County School District

    "Money well spent!  We look at the reports several times a day and forward
any concerns to the principal for discipline."

    -- Technology Director, Bandera Independent School District

James Cook

Channel Manager

Cymphonix Corp.

801.938.1507 Direct