I was able to hold down the f10 key and then boot to the live ubuntu cd.
Maybe I just got lucky and mine came clean.

Karl Hehr wrote:
Right but how did you boot to the CD. I can't even boot to the CD to install anything, including Unbuntu. As soon as it tries and boots from the CD Drive this little message appears that says something along the lines of "This computer was shipped with re-install cds for verification purposes, please insert the CD...." This is not the case for all the computers I have, as a few came completely clean.

Karl H. Hehr
Technology/Curriculum Director
South Hamilton CSD
www.s-hamilton.k12.ia.us