Here at SH our Football Coach/AD records to a mini DV tape converts it to a "normal" size DVD. We JUST as in this morning bought a DVD duplicator 1:7 to duplicate for next year, this year he used an external and waited a long time to get the number done he needed. We have ONE DVD recording camera in the district and as a from factor technology we have had nothing but problems with them. Since the DVD needs to be finalized in a manner not intuitive to the user, data is lost at very high rates, like nearly 80%. It was purchased with out my approval, so I don't really feel bad, BUT I will never buy a camera that records to DVD as history has show for me that it is not dummy proof, like the HD cameras or the tape cameras are.

If you really want to head the mini-DVD route I suggest talking with Aleratec, the company helped me get the right solution for us. Aleratec.com.

Karl H. Hehr
Technology/Curriculum Director
South Hamilton CSD
www.s-hamilton.k12.ia.us