On Aug 20, 2008, at 11:37 AM, Scott Fosseen wrote:

Go to the "Users" menu and Add users. If I remember correctly there will be two checkboxes for users, 'bypass filter' and 'vpn access' Add the users
you want to allow to bypass the filter and check the checkbox.

To bypass the filter they will log on the firewall the same as you would to administer the firewall. If they can bypass the filter the firewall will say something like "Filter is now bypassed for x minutes from this machine"

I have not done it with the latest Sonicwalls, and it has been a while since I configured so I may have missed something, but I think it will at least
get you close if it does not work.

That is exactly it. Thanks! Works like a charm!

Karl H. Hehr
Technology/Curriculum Director
South Hamilton CSD
www.s-hamilton.k12.ia.us