  From: Lance Lennon
  To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
  Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:37 PM
  Subject: [info-tech] Media Software

  Not sure if anyone out there is looking at new media center software. But I
am on another list serv and the topic came up.  I had been looking at a piece
of software (Thanks to a conversation with Karl) for personal use and started
wondering if it would work as a media Catalog.  After contacing the creator, he
says that is one of the very reasons that he created it.

  It is Delicious LIbrary. It is Mac only, but it is cool as all get out.  IT
uses the iSight camera to scan barcodes and then uses that bar code to get
images and info of the media item from Amazon.com.  Really really cool.

  http://www.delicious-monster.com/

  The database is web accessible. Not sure about the check out feature (ease of
use) but there is that feature.
  --
  "We must, however, acknowledge, as it seems to me, that man with all his
noble qualities...still bears in his bodily frame the indelible stamp of his