Good to hear from you again George. Hope things are going well in
retirement.  Enjoy your trip!
I am still using the Linksys WAP's as they perform well for what we
need.  Just ordered another one last week.  I can't believe they still
sell the same model.  I also have used one of the storage servers in a
local business network. They work great and are a simple, inexpensive
network storage solution.

Manson Northwest Webster-Home of the Cougars!
Brad Kruse          ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
Tech. Coord.         `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)
1601 15th St.        (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'
Manson, IA 50563    _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'
712-469-3919       (li),'  ((!.-'
Fax 712-469-3131

>>> George Tuttle <georgectut...@hotmail.com> 1/12/2009 8:03 PM >>>
Techs:

I see that the MAC-PC saga continues. Haven't seen most of you for some
time. I am enjoying retirement and do some occasional school support
work and also some programming on the side. At the end of the month
we're going south by South Padre Island for a couple of weeks.

I've got a different request. Some of you have replaced your access
points with the new managed high volume wireless systems. If anybody has
any Linksys WAP 54g access points they would like to get rid of, let me
know how many and what price.

George Tuttle

PS: If you want to try something simple for remote access and storage,
I've been using a MAXTOR Central Axis server for a couple of months. Its
cheap and easy to give network access or internet access. It's a lot
easier to manage than Sharepoint or some of the other services. Great
for all kinds of back ups too. It comes with a well designed software
package. I think most of your staff with a little training could set up
class sharing, etc. And for both Jon and Lance, it works with PC's and
MAC's. One terabyte of storage which can be expanded by attaching
another terabyte drive. The central server is $218 and you can buy
another terabyte for around $120. 5 year warranty. Worth taking a look
at for those unusual applications where you don't want to put stuff on
your central servers.