I thought I'd share this since we were talking about linux and wireless the
other day.  Decided to move my laptop over to opensuse 11 last night.  It has
one of the Broadcom cards in it that have always been hard to get going. But
with the newest kernel, it comes with drivers for all the Broadcom cards that
were so problematic before. Then you just have to update the firmware with a
script that is already on the drive.

http://www.susegeek.com/opensuse-110/how-to-install-broadcom-wireless-in-opensuse-110/

What used to be a pain with ndiswrapper and windows drivers, now took me a
whole of 5 minutes to get working great by just running a script.