Software licensing,

Is there some sort of formula to figure out how many concurrent licenses
you need for a certain number of students using the program?

For example, I have a software that is going to service 4000 students,
but the won't all be on at the same time.

Should I buy 500 licenses?  100 licenses?

If I have 30 computers in a lab, and 17 buildings that's 510 users if
they all get on at the same time.  Chances of that are slim. But should
I buy 500 licenses, or just half of that?

My per student cost changes drastically, depending on how many licenses
I purchase.

Any ideas?

Lance, I don't want your smart alecky "if a train leaves a station at
3:10 pm traveling at 90mph...."   I want REAL answers here J

    Layne A. Henn

    712.224.7423

   <http://www.siouxcityschools.org/>

<<image003.jpg>>