From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On
Behalf Of McKenney, Kurt
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 12:19 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: RE: [info-tech] Fw:

Q. I am concerned with the information that may be left on the hard drives even
though we did a complete wipe, what do you do to insure me that my information
is safe?

A. We take this very seriously.  We start by using our in house Veridan Hard
drive de-gausser.  This unit will 'fry' a hard drive in roughly 5 seconds, and
any drive up to 500mb.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 500 Megabyte drives really aren't an issue for any
of us...