From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us on behalf of George Tuttle
Sent: Wed 4/29/2009 9:17 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: [info-tech] solid state drives

Techs:

I've noticed that many schools are putting in mobile labs and doing one-to-one
with students. For over a year now, I've been using solid state drives with a
commercial application that I sell to businesses. They have worked flawlessly
in hot and cold and being dropped while running with no damage. They are mostly
used in warehouses. I've used 16 Gig, 32 Giq, and 64 Gig. I recently bought and
installed 64 Gig solid state drives that I purchased for $109. They are working
flawlessly. The larger drives install as a replacement for the internal laptop
drive. Now, several companies are offering the larger solid state drives as
standard equipment. The solid state drives have been the answer to my prayers.
Per Gig, they are more expensive, but I think that 64 Gig would serve most
applications. 128 and 256 Gig are available but quite expensive and require
more battery power. If anyone has any questions about SS drives, send me an
email.

George Tuttle

"retired" Pocahontas Area tech coordinator

<<winmail.dat>>