So is this money going to the states in block grants or to the E2T2 Consortium directors or to the school/district level?
On May 11, 2009, at 10:52 AM, Scott Fosseen [Prairie Lakes AEA] wrote:

FYI:

From: CoSN
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 11:16 AM
To: sfoss...@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Great Breaking News...EETT funds under Economic Recovery Act will flow by July (not Oct ), 2009

GREAT LATE-BREAKING NEWS

CoSN Members:

Yesterday we learned that the first part of the Enhancing Education Through Technology (EETT/Title IID) funding under the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act will be released by July. This announcement was made by Marshall “Mike” Smith, Senior Counselor to the U.S. Secretary of Education to the state education technology directors.

Earlier announcements from the U.S. Department of Education indicated the first round of EETT funding would be distributed October 1st. CoSN and other education technology associations have expressed concern that delaying the funds until October was problematic and would slow down the stimulus effect and not match the school year deployment of technology.

Congratulations on a major victory for education technology!

CoSN members receive occasional communications such as this as a benefit of membership. We never sell or share your e-mail information with outside parties. To change your e-mail address or to add affiliates to your membership, please visit myCoSN or call 866/267-8747 x115.

To forward this email to a friend, click here.

To ensure delivery of CoSN Communications, please add 'i...@cosn.org' to your email address book. = =If you are still having problems receiving our emails, see our whitelisting page for more details:http://www.commpartners.com/ website/white-listing.htm

Click here to unsubscribe

Consortium for School Networking (CoSN)
1025 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 1010, Washington, DC 20005
ph 202.861.2676 fx 202.393.2011 email i...@cosn.org web www.cosn.org