From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us
[mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On Behalf Of Scott Fosseen
[Prairie Lakes AEA]
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 4:27 PM
To: Info-Tech
Cc: Diane Jackson [PLAEA Pocahontas]
Subject: [info-tech] Tech Money

I am in a meeting now learning the latest on the E2T2 and ARRA funds.

Here is what to expect

ARRA funds will be 100% competitive grants.  Grants will be filled
on-line.
This is still in limbo, but the website is
https://iowagrants.gov

There will also be new E2T2 Grant application as well, but I don't see
that
individual districts will want to go through the hoops to file on their
own.
The Iowa DE current view is to keep the current E2T2 Consortia intact.

E2T2 Funds may still be through the existing Consortia. (Yes I expect
new
schools will be allowed in, but it is too new to know how it will work
now)

Regardless there is a QUARTERLY reporting requirements, and complete
transparency in funds usage.  If part of a consortia the reporting will
be
done by the consortia.

IMHO: I don't expect that it will be money that each district can spend
as
they want.  The Iowa DE does not have the resources to review 360
reports
four times a year.

The next big question is what is next year E2T2 consortia going to look
like.  I can speculate it will continue with reading, but could
transition
to math.  The funds will purchase at least 40% Professional Development,
and
some is going to purchase technology for the districts.  As the
consortia
the purchases will be determined and applied to all participating
districts.
It could be Hardware, On-Line resource subscription, and/or software.
This
is all VERY new information so no details have been discussed.  Once se
know
more info we will send it out.
intended
addressed.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or
copy this e-mail. Your are asked to notify the sender immediately by
e-mail
if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from
your
system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email
are
Prairie
Lakes Area Education Agency. Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency accepts
no
-
Scott Fosseen - Systems Engineer - Prairie Lakes AEA -
http://www.aea8.k12.ia.us/tech
Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window. -
Steve Bluestone