Well that is what we were wondering, is if they couldn't be connected to
each other.  And we were going to run a fiber but didn't for some unknown
reason.  Wish we would have cause I have fiber transceivers to use.  And yes
I'm going to look a wireless solution.

From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us]
On Behalf Of Scott Fosseen [Prairie Lakes AEA]
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:15 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] SDSL Modems

Are you sure you have the right equipment?  >From a quick scan these look
like they would connect to an ISP who has the other end of the circuit, and
not necessarily connect to each other.  I could be wrong on this, but it
does not look like the other DSL equipment I have seen.  The Point to Point
DSL equipment I have worked with has had two different components.

It also looks like your max speed will be a little low as well with these
devices.

At 1000' I would think wireless would be an option if you can get line of
site between buildings.  The ideal situation would be to use Fiber to
connect the buildings for the fastest possible connection.