Mitch, below is a batch file I use (for a login script) for Sheldon.
This runs at EVERY login to ensure they always have the newest version
of the executable without having to repackage everything into an MSI

@echo off

C:

:ATTENDANCE

REM "If the desktop shortcut for attendance exists, move on, otherwise
copy from server to user's profile on desktop"

IF EXIST "%USERPROFILE%\desktop\High School Attendance.url" GOTO
GRADEBOOK

xcopy "\\nt1\djmc\software\08-09\High School Attendance.url"
"%USERPROFILE%\desktop\"

:GRADEBOOK

REM ** No matter what, we copy over the newest version of the gradebook,
since JMC does update this occasionally, and we can deploy the

REM ** newest version of the app simply by dropping it into the share
below. Delete the existing file, and copy the executable into the user's
folder on the server

DEL "H:\jmc\IP GradeBook.exe"

xcopy "\\nt1\djmc\software\08-09\IP GradeBook.exe" "H:\jmc\"

:SERVERSETTINGS

REM ** If the server settings file exists, then continue to the
gradebook shortcut, otherwise copy to the same directory as the
gradebook executable

IF EXIST "H:\jmc\ServerSettings.gbk" GOTO GBKSHORTCUT

xcopy "\\nt1\djmc\software\08-09\HSServerSettings.gbk" "H:\jmc\"

rename "H:\jmc\HSServerSettings.gbk" "ServerSettings.gbk"

:GBKSHORTCUT

REM ** If shortcut file exists, then exit, otherwise copy to the user's
profile on the desktop

DEL "%USERPROFILE%\desktop\High School Gradebook 07-08.lnk"

DEL "%USERPROFILE%\desktop\High School Gradebook.lnk"

xcopy "\\nt1\djmc\software\08-09\High School Gradebook.lnk"
"%USERPROFILE%\desktop\"

:END