For those who are looking for a time saving application, I would suggest
using Google Apps.  I attended a Webinar yesterday about it and watch a
school with 7000 students and 1500 staff in 5 different buildings migrate to
it.  Started with the students for the first year and now going on their
second year and migrating their staff to it.  I have two video links
attached for those interest.  Trust me, this a very good tools to try out
and your students and staff will enjoy it very much.  I had to work with
Scott a little on it but just for the email part.  Best part of all, it
FREE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQ27lA5hps
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQ27lA5hps&feature=channel>
&feature=channel