IEC Update: Free K12 Student Hosted Email and Collaboration Workspaces thru
Outlook Live and Office Live Workspace - Overview
Forwarded information from the IEC.......Harriet

Jerry Cochrane, Coordinator
Iowa Educators Consortium
1120 33rd Avenue SW
Cedar Rapids, IA  52404

Phone: 319-399-6741, (800) 798-9771, Ext. 6741
Fax: 319-399-6474
Email: jcochr...@gwaea.org
IEC Website: www.iec-ia.org

Free K12 Student Hosted Email and Collaboration Workspaces thru Microsoft
Outlook Live and Office Live Workspace

To Iowa K12 Schools,

Microsoft recognizes that current economic challenges are hitting IT budgets
for many School Districts particularly hard and the need to find creative ways
to deliver new cost savings has never been higher.  To that end, I would like
to make sure we provide an overview for your school district on our free
Outlook Live and Office Live Workspace solutions for K12 students.  These
l...@edu offerings incorporate free hosted applications for use within your
schools including hosted email and collaborative workspace tools, helping you
remove the costs of running these services yourself.

We would like to set up a call directly with your school district to overview
these solutions and answer any of your questions.  If you are interested in
moving forward with Outlook Live or Office Live Workspace, I can help set up a
l...@edu Administrator Workshop as described below.  Please let me know if you
would like to set this up.  Or join us for this webcast overview on October
28th from 10am-11am cst - registration link:

https://www.livemeeting.com/lrs/microsoft1/Registration.aspx?pageName=qq8n3l34w5v1w818

Discover the difference that l...@edu can make in your schools through these
innovations:

Give students the full Exchange experience.

  a.. 10 GB inbox, 20 MB attachments
  b.. Optimized Outlook experience
  c.. Integrated Directory with faculty/staff on Exchange
  d.. Shared calendar and contacts

Microsoft Office Live Workspace is your online place to save, access, and share
documents and files. No downloads are required.

  a.. Password-protected online storage for 5GB of documents
  b.. Extension of Microsoft Office
  c.. Collaborate with others, even if they don't have Office
  d.. Individual documents can be as large as 25MB

You can learn more about l...@edu:
http://www.microsoft.com/liveatedu/free-hosted-student-email.aspx

l...@edu Administrator Workshop: Overview

What is covered in the workshop?

Looking for a great way to jumpstart your l...@edu project or evaluation and
help your school's administrators gain a core understanding of administering
l...@edu?  The l...@edu Administration Workshop does exactly that.  During
workshop, we will guide you through administering a domain you have enrolled in
the l...@edu program.

How is it delivered?

Typically requiring just 90 minutes, the workshop is delivered virtually using
Live Meeting, which allows desktop sharing enabling everyone to view the same
screen.  As few or as many administrators as needed can participate and there
is no charge for the workshop.

Additionally, this is a hands-on workshop, so school administrators will
actually be the one's completing the steps during the workshop with the
guidance of the Microsoft team taking them step by step and ensuring successful
completion.   This method is ideal as it ensures everything works in the actual
school's environment and not just a demo environment..

What's required to get started?

Prior to the workshop, schools will need to enroll a domain in the l...@edu
program, which can be completed at:  http://www.liveatedu.com   Note:  Schools
are welcome to register a namespace that will be used for evaluating the
service (i.e. liveeval.schooldomain.edu).  Additionally, schools will need
PowerShell and WinRM will need to be installed on a Windows Vista or Windows
Server 2008 machine.

Thank You!

Penny Rosen
Education Consortia Manager-North Central Region
US Public Sector-Education Solutions Group
Microsoft Corporation
(800) 426-9400 xt. 11354
Fax (425) 936-7329
penelope.ro...@microsoft.com