Murray,
 I am running Untangle at Spirit Lake in a test environment, works good with
the free version, however you can also upgrade to a paid version as well.
From: Murray Gafkjen [mgafk...@evertek.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 6:24 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: [info-tech] Untangle

Our Lightspeed comes due next summer, but being a software expense the general
fund takes a hit. So  I started to look around at something cheaper. Came
across something called Untangled. It’s a collection of open source and some
commercial products. Has anyone come across this?

In my copious free time, it’s tempting to download it to an old box to see how
it works.

There’s a  all day sharepoint users meeting in Bloomington, MN next Wednesday
(Nov 5th) I think there’s also something happening that day at DMACC as well.

Murray Gafkjen
CCE