We typically have been running this year at about 80% started out the
year running about 40% then suddenly shot up to 80. Still not getting
full bandwidth even after kids go home. More like 2 meg or less very
sporadic. I think my firewall is going South. Think I will go with it.

From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us
[mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On Behalf Of Jim Kerns
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:13 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] Slow Internet

I looked at that too, and did not think it looked bad.  I was also
monitoring it here, and the numbers here looked OK too, but it still
seemed slow.  Seems better here now.  It was not too bad, it just seemed
like there was quite a bit more latency than normal.

Jim

>>> "Scott Fosseen [Prairie Lakes AEA]" <sfoss...@aea8.k12.ia.us>
11/10/2009 11:04 AM >>>

I have reviewed both Humboldt's and Spencer's Internet access on the
site

207.28.96.159

Tony, I see that you are at 80-85% of your bandwidth utilization since
10am

Jim, I show you had a peak of 100% utilization just after 9am, 9:30-10am
about 80% utilization, and it has been lower since then.

The core bandwidth has been about 80% so it should not cause any
performance problems.

Are you still seeing the performance issues now?