Forwarded information from the IEC regarding wireless microphone ban........Harriet

From: "Bud Carruthers" <bcarruth...@iec-ia.org>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 9:10 AM
To: "IEC Customer List" <iec-c...@mail.co-op.k12.ia.us>
Subject: [iec-coop] [This may be spam]AV Co-op Info Concerning FCC Wireless Ban Issue

To: All AV Co-op customers who have purchased wireless mic systems or wireless products from the AV Co-op Catalog over many years

I started to look at this to find out if any of the wireless microphone systems or wireless products that we have sold would fall into this banned range, and then realized that it is going to be near impossible for us to track down that list. We have been selling wireless for over 20 years and, hopefully, all of them are still working. From the recent past, I don't think we sold any in the 700 MHz range, however, it will be up to the end user to check to see.

I received this snippet of info from an email from Rex Lawrence at ECS, one of our vendors in Davenport:

Wireless Microphones and wireless products operating in the 698 MHz to 806 MHz Range have been Banned by the FCC

Effective June 12th, 2010 frequency range 698 MHz to 806 MHz will be used as a Public Safety Frequency and it will be considered unlawful to use them for anything else. I understand that this is inconvenient for you and your school. I brought this to your attention to keep you informed and to let you know that many of the manufactures that we represent are offering significant discounts to end-users that upgrade to new wireless systems operating outside the banned ranged. My sales staff has a great understanding of the situation, would be happy to inform you on whether your current equipment falls within the approaching banned range, and would be happy to let you know what discounts are being offered.

You can call ECS at 563-322-1525 for more information on this issue.

All of our other AV Co-op dealers, who sell wireless microphones, will be happy to help you determine whether you have a unit that may be banned.

Wireless Mic Dealers who may have been awarded AV Co-op wireless products over the years include:

AVES
B&H Photo-Video
Camcor
CDWG
ECS
Global GovEd
GovConnection
Kansas City AV
Midwest Computer Products
Pratt Audio Visual
Tierney Bros.
Troxell Communications
Valiant
Video Services of America

Bud Carruthers, Coordinator x1157
3601 West Avenue Road
Burlington, Iowa 52601
bcarruth...@iec-ia.org

Iowa Educators Consortium
www.iec-ia.org
319-753-6561
319-752-7525 fax
http://av.co-op.k12.ia.us

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by the mail.co-op.k12.ia.us server.]