Take a look at
http://www.bozteck.com/vncscan/

I got this from Chad at Okoboji.  It looks like a slick low cost solution.

From: "Lance Lennon" <llen...@eagle-grove.k12.ia.us>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:47 AM
To: <info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us>
Subject: [info-tech] VNC

What is a good (For pay) software for PC's that does what ARD (Apple Remote Desktop) does for the macs. View multiples at once, install packages, take screen shots, lock screens etc.

Perhaps VNC does that all now, but I am unaware of that.

Thanks
--
"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside."
    ~Robert X. Cringely